More From Damien Hirst
- "I always look at money not as a motivating factor but as an element in the composition. You can’t ignore it, but you’ve got to be very careful that it’s not motivating you."
- "For me, art is always a kind of theater."
- "I always feel like the art’s there and I just see it, so it’s not really a lot of work."
More In Art
- "Football is an art, like dancing is an art – but only when it’s well done does it become an art."― Arsene Wenger
- "It is not possible to overstate the influence of Paul Cezanne on twentieth-century art. He’s the modern Giotto, someone who shattered one kind of picture-making and invented a new one that the world followed."― Jerry Saltz
- "After its hothouse incubation in the seventies, appropriation breathed important new life into art. This life flowered spectacularly over the decades – even if it’s now close to aesthetic kudzu."― Jerry Saltz