More From Damien Hirst
- "I have always been aware that you have to get people listening before you can change their minds. Any artist’s big fear is being ignored, so if you get debate, that’s great."
- "No, I don’t believe in genius. I believe in freedom. I think anyone can do it. Anyone can be like Rembrandt."
- "I think I like big issues, but I don’t believe in God or religion."
More In Art
- "My dad was a bartender. My mom was a cashier, a maid and a stock clerk at K-Mart. They never made it big. They were never rich. And yet they were successful. Because just a few decades removed from hopelessness, they made possible for us all the things that had been impossible for them."― Marco Rubio
- "It is after all the greatest art to limit and isolate oneself."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "It is a mistake for a sculptor or a painter to speak or write very often about his job. It releases tension needed for his work."― Henry Moore