More From Damien Hirst
- "Since I was a child, death is definitely something that I think about every day. But I think that everybody does. You try and avoid it, but it’s such a big thing that you can’t."
- "Being best is a false goal, you have to measure success on your own terms."
- "I always look at money not as a motivating factor but as an element in the composition. You can’t ignore it, but you’ve got to be very careful that it’s not motivating you."
More In Art
- "In art, the hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can imagine."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "The coming of the kids hasn’t come out in my art yet."― Joni Mitchell
- "Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art."― Frederic Chopin