More From Damien Hirst
- "But I think it’s more that when you’re young, you’re invincible, you’re immortal – or at least you think you are. The possibilities are limitless, you’re inventing the future. Then you get older and suddenly you have a history. It’s fixed. You can’t change anything. I find that a bit disturbing, to be honest."
- "No, I don’t believe in genius. I believe in freedom. I think anyone can do it. Anyone can be like Rembrandt."
- "Being best is a false goal, you have to measure success on your own terms."
More In Art
- "Art is competitive."― Robert Duvall
- "A sculptor is a person who is interested in the shape of things, a poet in words, a musician by sounds."― Henry Moore
- "I think people should be given a test much like driver’s tests as to whether they’re capable of being parents! It’s an art form. I talk a lot. And I think a lot. And I draw a lot. But never in a million years would I have been a parent. That’s just work that’s too hard."― Maurice Sendak