More From Colin Powell
- "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
- "The purposes of the United States should not be doubted. The Security Council resolutions will be enforced – the just demands of peace and security will be met – or action will be unavoidable. And a regime that has lost its legitimacy will also lose its power."
- "I respect the fact that many denominations have different points of view with respect to gay marriage and they can hold that in the sanctity in the place of their religion and not bless them or solemnize them."
More In Leadership
- "The very exercise of leadership fosters capacity for it."― Cyril Falls
- "Probably it is impossible for humor to be ever a revolutionary weapon. Candide can do little more than generate irony."― Lionel Trilling
- "I was delighted to not go to university. I couldn’t wait to be out of education."― Tom Stoppard