More From Chuck Palahniuk
- "Personal identity seems like it’s just such an American archetype, from Holly Golightly re-inventing herself in ‘Breakfast At Tiffany’s’ to Jay Gatsby in ‘The Great Gatsby.’ It seems like the sort of archetypal American issue. If you’re given the freedom to be anything, or be anyone, what do you do with it?"
- "I wanted to write about the moment when your addictions no longer hide the truth from you. When your whole life breaks down. That’s the moment when you have to somehow choose what your life is going to be about."
- "If you start in the pit of despair with these profane, awful things, even a glimmer of hope or awareness is going to occur that’s much brighter coming from this dark, awful beginning."
More In Politics
- "My political science degree is always on the back-burner. I took my LSAT, so even if I want to take the LSAT again, I know what I’m getting into. I’ll keep it on the back-burner. Who knows, maybe with my popularity, I can have a career in politics with a law degree. I think it’ll work out either way."― Vinny Guadagnino
- "I feel comfortable around every driver out there and each driver is in charge of their own car, but you feel very secure racing the competition out there."― Kurt Busch
- "A conservative is someone who makes no changes and consults his grandmother when in doubt."― Woodrow Wilson