More From J. C. Watts
- "I have often said one of the reasons more blacks don’t support Republicans is because they don’t trust the GOP establishment."
- "I’m not driven to get back into politics. It’s not on my top five things to do before I die, but saying that, I may be in politics in the next year or the next ten years. I’ve been on the front line for 12 years, four in state government, eight on the national level."
- "In my wildest imagination, I never thought that the fifth of six children born to Helen and Buddy Watts – in a poor black neighborhood, in the poor rural community of Eufaula, Oklahoma – would someday be called Congressman."
More In Politics
- "I kept a steel wall around my moral and sexual instincts – protecting them, I thought, from the threats of the real world. This gave me a tremendous advantage in politics, if not in my soul. The true me, my spiritual core, slipped further and further from reach."― James McGreevey
- "The term ‘the American Left’ is as near to being meaningless or nonsensical as any term could really be in politics. It isn’t really a force in politics anymore. And it would do well to ask itself why that is."― Christopher Hitchens
- "Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."― Henry A. Kissinger