More From Barbara Bush
- "I think togetherness is a very important ingredient to family life."
- "I’m worried about parents who aren’t parenting."
- "Well, look at what people are doing for returned veterans now. The wounded warriors. They’re working hard to make the wounded veterans feel that they are loved and welcomed home, unlike Vietnam. It was not a very kind, gentle world then. I think we are kinder and gentler."
More In Family
- "All of us grow up in particular realities – a home, family, a clan, a small town, a neighborhood. Depending upon how we’re brought up, we are either deeply aware of the particular reading of reality into which we are born, or we are peripherally aware of it."― Chaim Potok
- "I’m a Republican. I don’t want to go to heaven and have to face my family up there and tell them I voted for a Democrat."― T. Boone Pickens
- "I find the family the most mysterious and fascinating institution in the world."― Amos Oz