More From Barbara Bush
- "I married the first man I ever kissed. When I tell this to my children, they just about throw up."
- "To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there."
- "The personal things should be left out of platforms at conventions. You can argue yourself blue in the face, and you’re not going to change each other’s minds. It’s a waste of your time and my time."
More In Faith
- "Taking it in its wider and generic application, I understand faith to be the supplement of sense; or, to change the phrase, all knowledge which comes not to us through our senses we gain by faith in others."― Matthew Simpson
- "Doing films in Latin America is like an act of faith. I mean, you really have to believe in what you’re doing because if not, you feel like it’s a waste of time because you might as well be doing something that at least pays you the rent."― Gael Garcia Bernal
- "We can never learn too much of His will towards us, too much of His messages and His advice. The Bible is His word and its study gives at once the foundation for our faith and an inspiration to battle onward in the fight against the tempter."― John D. Rockefeller