More From Abdul Kalam
- "Unless India stands up to the world, no one will respect us. In this world, fear has no place. Only strength respects strength."
- "No religion has mandated killing others as a requirement for its sustenance or promotion."
- "Tell me, why is the media here so negative? Why are we in India so embarrassed to recognise our own strengths, our achievements? We are such a great nation. We have so many amazing success stories but we refuse to acknowledge them. Why?"
More In Leadership
- "Anyone who knows me knows my mom, Dorcina, has to sign off on any decision and that she will play a major part in any decision."― Nerlens Noel
- "Fruitful discourse in science or theology requires us to believe that within the contexts of normal discourse there are some true statements."― Kenneth L. Pike
- "The biggest novelty of 2013 will be new leadership in China. Very little is known about the views of the new leaders – who will rule the country for ten years. But we do know they’re the first generation of Chinese leaders who have spent the majority of their lives in a China ‘opening up’ to the rest of the world."― David Miliband