More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "It is well known that Beauty does not look with a good grace on the timid advances of Humour."
- "It’s no good trying to keep up old friendships. It’s painful for both sides. The fact is, one grows out of people, and the only thing is to face it."
- "Let us develop the resources of our land, call forth its powers, build up its institutions, promote all its great interests, and see whether we also, in our day and generation, may not perform something worthy to be remembered."
More In Age
- "By all but the pathologically romantic, it is now recognized that this is not the age of the small man."― John Kenneth Galbraith
- "Photography suits the temper of this age – of active bodies and minds. It is a perfect medium for one whose mind is teeming with ideas, imagery, for a prolific worker who would be slowed down by painting or sculpting, for one who sees quickly and acts decisively, accurately."― Edward Weston
- "Sure I played, did you think I was born at the age of 70 sitting in a dugout trying to manage guys like you?"― Casey Stengel