More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "The world in general doesn’t know what to make of originality; it is startled out of its comfortable habits of thought, and its first reaction is one of anger."
- "You are not angry with people when you laugh at them. Humor teaches tolerance."
- "An unfortunate thing about this world is that the good habits are much easier to give up than the bad ones."
More In Age
- "My heroes are people like Picasso and Miro and people who at last really reach something in their old age, which they absolutely couldn’t ever have done in their youth."― Robert Wyatt
- "In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty."― Thomas Jefferson
- "One of the many things nobody ever tells you about middle age is that it’s such a nice change from being young."― William Feather