More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatsoever to do with it."
- "In Hollywood, the women are all peaches. It makes one long for an apple occasionally."
- "A man marries to have a home, but also because he doesn’t want to be bothered with sex and all that sort of thing."
More In Humor
- "Humor is a social lubricant that helps us get over some of the bad spots."― Steve Allen
- "James Cagney, Steve McQueen, I loved all those guys. I grew up loving the movies but had no desire to be in them."― Mark Wahlberg
- "I’m tired. I’m tired of feeling rejected by the American people. I’m tired of waking up in the middle of the night worrying about the war."― Lyndon B. Johnson