More From Don Marquis
- "Poetry is what Milton saw when he went blind."
- "Of middle age the best that can be said is that a middle-aged person has likely learned how to have a little fun in spite of his troubles."
- "Fate often puts all the material for happiness and prosperity into a man’s hands just to see how miserable he can make himself with them."
More In Age
- "I’m glad I was born when I was. My time was the golden age of variety. If I were starting out again now, maybe things would happen for me, but it certainly would not be on a variety show with 28 musicians, 12 dancers, two major guest stars, 50 costumes a week by Bob Mackie. The networks just wouldn’t spend the money today."― Carol Burnett
- "I want my family to resemble the family I came from."― Katherine Heigl
- "That’s what liberalism is all about, is promoting incompetence on the basis it’s fair, because people would be the best if they weren’t discriminated against."― Rush Limbaugh