More From Thomas Paine
- "Every science has for its basis a system of principles as fixed and unalterable as those by which the universe is regulated and governed. Man cannot make principles; he can only discover them."
- "It is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving, it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe."
- "Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us."
More In Change
- "You change with the guys you date."― Jessica Simpson
- "Pay-for-procedure or fee-for-service reimbursement rewards doctors and hospitals for volume – not keeping patients healthy or being efficiency. Pay-for-Performance is clearly one tool that can change the incentives to reward quality."― Ron Wyden
- "There are those people who are in your corner no matter what, you can’t do any wrong, even when you do wrong. And then there are those people that no matter what you do they are going to dislike you and that’s not going to change."― Brett Favre