More From Thomas Paine
- "To say that any people are not fit for freedom, is to make poverty their choice, and to say they had rather be loaded with taxes than not."
- "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace."
- "Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."
More In Death
- "I look at ‘Death Proof’ and realize I had too much time."― Quentin Tarantino
- "You have to work hard for what you want to achieve and you have to set goals and dreams and really go for them."― Natalie du Toit
- "The North understand it better – they have told us for twenty years that their object was to pen up slavery within its present limits – surround it with a border of free States, and like the scorpion surrounded with fire, they will make it sting itself to death."― Robert Toombs