More From Queen Victoria
- "I think people really marry far too much; it is such a lottery after all, and for a poor woman a very doubtful happiness."
- "A marriage is no amusement but a solemn act, and generally a sad one."
- "When I think of a merry, happy, free young girl – and look at the ailing, aching state a young wife generally is doomed to – which you can’t deny is the penalty of marriage."
More In Great
- "Until the great mass of the people shall be filled with the sense of responsibility for each other’s welfare, social justice can never be attained."― Helen Keller
- "Mental health needs a great deal of attention. It’s the final taboo and it needs to be faced and dealt with."― Adam Ant
- "Great men or men of great gifts you shall easily find, but symmetrical men never."― Ralph Waldo Emerson