More From Queen Victoria
- "When I think of a merry, happy, free young girl – and look at the ailing, aching state a young wife generally is doomed to – which you can’t deny is the penalty of marriage."
- "I think people really marry far too much; it is such a lottery after all, and for a poor woman a very doubtful happiness."
- "A marriage is no amusement but a solemn act, and generally a sad one."
More In Great
- "Life is either a great adventure or nothing."― Helen Keller
- "Ignorance of all things is an evil neither terrible nor excessive, nor yet the greatest of all; but great cleverness and much learning, if they be accompanied by a bad training, are a much greater misfortune."― Plato
- "I’ve got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."― Larry Bird