More From Queen Victoria
- "I think people really marry far too much; it is such a lottery after all, and for a poor woman a very doubtful happiness."
- "When I think of a merry, happy, free young girl – and look at the ailing, aching state a young wife generally is doomed to – which you can’t deny is the penalty of marriage."
- "A marriage is no amusement but a solemn act, and generally a sad one."
More In Great
- "The Grateful Dead are our religion. This is a religion that doesn’t pay homage to the God that all the other religions pay homage to."― Ken Kesey
- "Harmony is an obscure and difficult musical science, but most difficult to those who are not acquainted with the Greek language; because it is necessary to use many Greek words to which there are none corresponding in Latin."― Marcus V. Pollio
- "There is no despair so absolute as that which comes with the first moments of our first great sorrow, when we have not yet known what it is to have suffered and be healed, to have despaired and have recovered hope."― George Eliot