More From Queen Victoria
- "When I think of a merry, happy, free young girl – and look at the ailing, aching state a young wife generally is doomed to – which you can’t deny is the penalty of marriage."
- "A marriage is no amusement but a solemn act, and generally a sad one."
- "I think people really marry far too much; it is such a lottery after all, and for a poor woman a very doubtful happiness."
More In Great
- "The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving."― Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "As a child I was a great liar. Fortunately my mother liked my lies. I promised her marvelous things."― Gunter Grass
- "Grandfather, Great Spirit, once more behold me on earth and lean to hear my feeble voice."― Black Elk