More From Paula Poundstone
- "My Mom said she learned how to swim when someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. I said, ‘Mom, they weren’t trying to teach you how to swim.’"
- "I don’t need a holiday or a feast to feel grateful for my children, the sun, the moon, the roof over my head, music, and laughter, but I like to take this time to take the path of thanks less traveled."
- "I’m thankful for Sarah Palin’s vice presidential bid, which taught us that Alaska is not in a box off the coast of California."
More In Funny
- "They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning."― Clint Eastwood
- "I don’t dismiss the music that I was involved with, I don’t think it was a joke, I don’t think it was funny or a phase, I don’t think it was just something I was doing back then, to me it was who I am. It connects all the way through. I don’t distance myself from any of it."― Ian MacKaye
- "We sincerely hope that south Asian countries will respect and live in amity with each other, and achieve common development, and that south Asia will enjoy peace, stability and prosperity."― Li Peng