More From Paula Poundstone
- "I’m thankful for Sarah Palin’s vice presidential bid, which taught us that Alaska is not in a box off the coast of California."
- "I don’t need a holiday or a feast to feel grateful for my children, the sun, the moon, the roof over my head, music, and laughter, but I like to take this time to take the path of thanks less traveled."
- "My Mom said she learned how to swim when someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. I said, ‘Mom, they weren’t trying to teach you how to swim.’"
More In Funny
- "How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand."― Emo Philips
- "The funny thing about me that most people never really understand is that, at heart, I’m really a jock."― Billy Corgan
- "You, the actor, must be aware of when you’re being funny, but the character you’re playing should always be oblivious to the fact."― Jon Lovitz