More From Omar Bongo
- "When they favor the access of other people to education and health care, the countries of the North not only demonstrate generosity or solidarity, but also implement the principles of respecting and promoting human rights."
- "I am in favor of complete freedom of information and of free access to the new communication tools, in particular the Internet."
- "My actions to promote peace, the mediation missions which I carried out during many conflicts, which very often occurred between brothers of the same country, are not driven by any ulterior motives or any calculations based on personal ambitions."
More In Happiness
- "We hear of the wealth of nations, of the powers of production, of the demand and supply of markets, and we forget that these words mean no more, if they mean any thing, then the happiness, and the labor, and the necessities of men."― Francis Wright
- "Every man hath a general desire of his own happiness; and likewise a variety of particular affections, passions, and appetites to particular external objects."― Joseph Butler
- "It is now possible to quantify people’s levels of happiness pretty accurately by asking them, by observation, and by measuring electrical activity in the brain, in degrees from terrible pain to sublime joy."― Polly Toynbee