More From Omar Bongo
- "My actions to promote peace, the mediation missions which I carried out during many conflicts, which very often occurred between brothers of the same country, are not driven by any ulterior motives or any calculations based on personal ambitions."
- "For about ten years now, the struggle for democracy and the respect of human rights has been in the focus point – if not a commodity – of political groups aiming to rise to power."
- "When they favor the access of other people to education and health care, the countries of the North not only demonstrate generosity or solidarity, but also implement the principles of respecting and promoting human rights."
More In Happiness
- "Inequality makes everyone unhappy, the poor most of all, and that is well within the remit of the state. More money gives less extra happiness the richer we get, yet we are addicted to earning and spending more every year."― Polly Toynbee
- "There is no austerity equal to a balanced mind, and there is no happiness equal to contentment; there is no disease like covetousness, and no virtue like mercy."― Chanakya
- "Happiness is always a coincidence."― Jose Bergamin