More From Maya Angelou
- "The need for change bulldozed a road down the center of my mind."
- "One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."
- "At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice."
More In Great
- "Memorial Day this year is especially important as we are reminded almost daily of the great sacrifices that the men and women of the Armed Services make to defend our way of life."― Robin Hayes
- "I wanted to only create a great perfume, not any perfume that would sell, but a great artistic one that the fans would not feel cheated by."― Lady Gaga
- "They that apply themselves to trifling matters commonly become incapable of great ones."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld