More From Maya Angelou
- "Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him."
- "If we lose love and self respect for each other, this is how we finally die."
- "As far as I knew white women were never lonely, except in books. White men adored them, Black men desired them and Black women worked for them."
More In Great
- "Show me a great actor and I’ll show you a lousy husband. Show me a great actress, and you’ve seen the devil."― W. C. Fields
- "Most people say that it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character."― Albert Einstein
- "Baseball has the great advantage over cricket of being sooner ended."― George Bernard Shaw