More From Maya Angelou
- "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."
- "I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back."
- "If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love."
More In Great
- "The sensitivity of men to small matters, and their indifference to great ones, indicates a strange inversion."― Blaise Pascal
- "There have been two great accidents in my life. One was the trolley, and the other was Diego. Diego was by far the worst."― Frida Kahlo
- "I think making mistakes and discovering them for yourself is of great value, but to have someone else to point out your mistakes is a shortcut of the process."― Shelby Foote