More From Maya Angelou
- "The fact that the adult American Negro female emerges a formidable character is often met with amazement, distaste and even belligerance. It is seldom accepted as an inevitable outcome of the struggle won by survivors, and deserves respect if not enthusiastic acceptance."
- "The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned."
- "Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope."
More In Great
- "Great things are done when men and mountains meet."― William Blake
- "While day by day the overzealous student stores up facts for future use, he who has learned to trust nature finds need for ever fewer external directions. He will discard formula after formula, until he reaches the conclusion: Let nature take its course."― Larry Bird
- "At times unpopular measures are needed in order to change behaviour."― Lucy Powell