More From Maya Angelou
- "If we lose love and self respect for each other, this is how we finally die."
- "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
- "The fact that the adult American Negro female emerges a formidable character is often met with amazement, distaste and even belligerance. It is seldom accepted as an inevitable outcome of the struggle won by survivors, and deserves respect if not enthusiastic acceptance."
More In Life
- "How do you go from where you are to where you wanna be? And I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal. And you have to be willing to work for it."― Jim Valvano
- "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It’s called living."― Terry Pratchett
- "Life is not what it’s supposed to be. It’s what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."― Virginia Satir