More From Maya Angelou
- "At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice."
- "If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love."
- "The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned."
More In Courage
- "If one is going to err, one should err on the side of liberty and freedom."― Kofi Annan
- "I saw courage both in the Vietnam War and in the struggle to stop it. I learned that patriotism includes protest, not just military service."― John F. Kerry
- "War is fear cloaked in courage."― William Westmoreland