More From Maya Angelou
- "If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude."
- "Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
- "Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean."
More In Men
- "Men often act knowingly against their interest."― David Hume
- "‘Men have forgotten this truth,’ said the fox. ‘But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.’"― Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- "All free men, wherever they may live, are citizens of Berlin. And therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words “Ich bin ein Berliner!”"― John F. Kennedy