More From Joseph Addison
- "What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to the soul."
- "Mysterious love, uncertain treasure, hast thou more of pain or pleasure! Endless torments dwell about thee: Yet who would live, and live without thee!"
- "Cheerfulness is the best promoter of health and is as friendly to the mind as to the body."
More In Nature
- "Miracles do not, in fact, break the laws of nature."― C. S. Lewis
- "God created the world; the laws of nature were created by God. True science tries to find out what God put in the world. The trouble is where scientists speculate about theology and they don’t know what they’re talking about because they weren’t there. They can’t speculate about the origins of life because they weren’t there."― Pat Robertson
- "In order to acquire a growing and lasting respect in society, it is a good thing, if you possess great talent, to give, early in your youth, a very hard kick to the right shin of the society that you love. After that, be a snob."― Salvador Dali