More From Joseph Addison
- "What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life’s pathway, the good they do is inconceivable."
- "The chief ingredients in the composition of those qualities that gain esteem and praise, are good nature, truth, good sense, and good breeding."
- "There is nothing that makes its way more directly into the soul than beauty."
More In Nature
- "A sense that with the blessings that God bestowed upon this land, came the responsibility to make the world a better place."― Marco Rubio
- "Men have an extraordinarily erroneous opinion of their position in nature; and the error is ineradicable."― W. Somerset Maugham
- "The world is too much with us; late and soon, getting and spending, we lay waste our powers: Little we see in Nature that is ours."― William Wordsworth