More From Joseph Addison
- "Books are the legacies that a great genius leaves to mankind, which are delivered down from generation to generation as presents to the posterity of those who are yet unborn."
- "The greatest sweetener of human life is Friendship. To raise this to the highest pitch of enjoyment, is a secret which but few discover."
- "Courage that grows from constitution often forsakes a man when he has occasion for it; courage which arises from a sense of duty acts; in a uniform manner."
More In Nature
- "Nature is a mutable cloud which is always and never the same."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "If religion had a good purpose, then man would have created something great. But we’re man: we mess up everything. We mess up nature. We mess up God. We take what is given to us and make it into what we think it should be."― Ziggy Marley
- "By nature all men are equal in liberty, but not in other endowments."― Thomas Aquinas