More From Joseph Addison
- "Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
- "If we hope for what we are not likely to possess, we act and think in vain, and make life a greater dream and shadow than it really is."
- "Suspicion is not less an enemy to virtue than to happiness; he that is already corrupt is naturally suspicious, and he that becomes suspicious will quickly be corrupt."
More In Age
- "I think I’m the most positive guy still going in my generation, and I’m out there to prove that."― Luther Allison
- "In this age of media and Internet access, we are much more talkative than ever before."― David Duchovny
- "Whoever, fleeing marriage and the sorrows that women cause, does not wish to wed comes to a deadly old age."― Hesiod