More From Joseph Addison
- "There is nothing that makes its way more directly into the soul than beauty."
- "The chief ingredients in the composition of those qualities that gain esteem and praise, are good nature, truth, good sense, and good breeding."
- "True happiness arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one’s self, and in the next, from the friendship and conversation of a few select companions."
More In Great
- "I really had no great love for shoes. I was a working First Lady; I was always in canvas shoes. I did nurture the shoes industry of the Philippines, and so every time there was a shoe fair, I would receive a pair of shoes as a token of gratitude."― Imelda Marcos
- "Baseball has the great advantage over cricket of being sooner ended."― George Bernard Shaw
- "Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved."― Ralph Waldo Emerson