More From James Welch
- "The townspeople outside the reservations had a very superior attitude toward Indians, which was kind of funny, because they weren’t very wealthy; they were on the fringes of society themselves."
- "Richard Hugo taught me that anyone with a desire to write, an ear for language and a bit of imagination could become a writer. He also, in a way, gave me permission to write about northern Montana."
More In Religion
- "The spiritual element, the really important part of religion, has no concern with Time and Space, temporary mundane laws, or conduct."― Richard Le Gallienne
- "There is a heroism in crime as well as in virtue. Vice and infamy have their altars and their religion."― William Hazlitt
- "One’s own religion is after all a matter between oneself and one’s Maker and no one else’s."― Mahatma Gandhi