More From George Jean Nathan
- "Great art is as irrational as great music. It is mad with its own loveliness."
- "Love demands infinitely less than friendship."
- "Criticism is the windows and chandeliers of art: it illuminates the enveloping darkness in which art might otherwise rest only vaguely discernible, and perhaps altogether unseen."
More In Love
- "If you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues."― Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
- "Not brute force but only persuasion and faith are the kings of this world."― Thomas Carlyle
- "Guilt for being rich, and guilt thinking that perhaps love and peace isn’t enough and you have to go and get shot or something."― John Lennon