More From George Jean Nathan
- "Women, as they grow older, rely more and more on cosmetics. Men, as they grow older, rely more and more on a sense of humor."
- "A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy."
- "Bad officials are the ones elected by good citizens who do not vote."
More In Anger
- "How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it."― Marcus Aurelius
- "Never do anything when you are in a temper, for you will do everything wrong."― Baltasar Gracian
- "I was very fortunate to play sports. All the anger in me went out. I had to do what I had to do. If you stay angry all the time, then you really don’t have a good life."― Willie Mays