More From George Jean Nathan
- "Bad officials are the ones elected by good citizens who do not vote."
- "Criticism is the windows and chandeliers of art: it illuminates the enveloping darkness in which art might otherwise rest only vaguely discernible, and perhaps altogether unseen."
- "No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched."
More In Beauty
- "Who would not give up wit for power and beauty?"― Mason Cooley
- "But, when the work was finished, the Craftsman kept wishing that there were someone to ponder the plan of so great a work, to love its beauty, and to wonder at its vastness."― Giovanni Pico della Mirandola
- "Depression opens the door to beauty of some kind."― James Hillman