More From Drew Barrymore
- "I don’t mind a little Sturm und Drang. When I was doing ‘Riding in Cars With Boys,’ I wouldn’t smile at anybody, because my character, Bev, was angry at the world. I’m the opposite. Inside my head I’d be like, God, I’ll explain to you at the end of shooting that I’m not this person."
- "When I did ‘E.T.,’ it sort of solidified the only family I know are these film crews. These gypsies. These filmmakers. That was the solidification and the clicking revelations of ‘This is what I want to do with my life and this is where I’m going to survive.’"
- "I’m a total control freak and love to participate in the design of every single aspect of life."
More In Funny
- "I don’t believe that anybody has come to a conclusion on why something is funny. It’s funny because it’s ridiculous and it’s ridiculous for different reasons at different times."― Jackie Mason
- "Many comedians have a dark side that lets them take a negative thing and turn it funny."― Rachel Dratch
- "It’s funny, because I did all of these interviews as soon as I had the baby, and they were asking questions, and I really didn’t have an idea of anything, because I was so blurry."― Emily Procter