More From Don Marquis
- "Of middle age the best that can be said is that a middle-aged person has likely learned how to have a little fun in spite of his troubles."
- "Writing a book of poetry is like dropping a rose petal down the Grand Canyon and waiting for the echo."
- "Fate often puts all the material for happiness and prosperity into a man’s hands just to see how miserable he can make himself with them."
More In Experience
- "My ultimate aim is to make euthanasia a positive experience."― Jack Kevorkian
- "I had great faith in Irish actors, that they’d be hip to the whole theatre thing, and they are. I had no illusions of coming over here as some kind of big shot. It’s been a learning experience for me too."― Christopher Meloni
- "My problem is that the audience is more fiction-literate than ever. In Shakespeare’s day, you probably expected to see a play once or twice in your life; today you experience four or five different kinds of fiction every day. So staying ahead of the audience is impossible."― Steven Moffat