More From Don Marquis
- "A pessimist is a person who has had to listen to too many optimists."
- "Of middle age the best that can be said is that a middle-aged person has likely learned how to have a little fun in spite of his troubles."
- "Fate often puts all the material for happiness and prosperity into a man’s hands just to see how miserable he can make himself with them."
More In Experience
- "If it’s great stuff, the people who consume it are nourished. It’s a positive force."― Manuel Puig
- "If you sit in a position where decisions that you take would have a serious effect on people, you can’t ignore a lot of experience around the world which says this drug has these negative effects."― Thabo Mbeki
- "We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon."― Emil Zatopek