More From Aldous Huxley
- "A man may be a pessimistic determinist before lunch and an optimistic believer in the will’s freedom after it."
- "Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the ways in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting."
- "Europe is so well gardened that it resembles a work of art, a scientific theory, a neat metaphysical system. Man has re-created Europe in his own image."
More In Experience
- "The wisdom of the wise and the experience of the ages is preserved into perpetuity by a nation’s proverbs, fables, folk sayings and quotations."― William Feather
- "In my experience an appreciative letter from a fellow writer means a lot."― Ian Mcewan
- "No place epitomizes the American experience and the American spirit more than New York City."― Michael Bloomberg