More From Denis Diderot
- "There are things I can’t force. I must adjust. There are times when the greatest change needed is a change of my viewpoint."
- "No man has received from nature the right to command his fellow human beings."
- "Morals are in all countries the result of legislation and government; they are not African or Asian or European: they are good or bad."
More In Happiness
- "I learned that people everywhere are basically the same and have similar goals that we do. They want health and happiness and the opportunity to provide for their families."― Steve Kerr
- "Happiness seems made to be shared."― Pierre Corneille
- "Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony."― Thomas Merton