More From Denis Diderot
- "When science, art, literature, and philosophy are simply the manifestation of personality they are on a level where glorious and dazzling achievements are possible, which can make a man’s name live for thousands of years."
- "The general interest of the masses might take the place of the insight of genius if it were allowed freedom of action."
- "Our observation of nature must be diligent, our reflection profound, and our experiments exact. We rarely see these three means combined; and for this reason, creative geniuses are not common."
More In Happiness
- "The purpose of human life and the sense of happiness is to give the maximum what the man is able to give."― Alexander Alekhine
- "Success is getting and achieving what you want. Happiness is wanting and being content with what you get."― Bernard Meltzer
- "For happiness one needs security, but joy can spring like a flower even from the cliffs of despair."― Anne Morrow Lindbergh