More From Dean Inge
- "Faith always contains an element of risk, of venture; and we are impelled to make the venture by the affinity and attraction which we feel in ourselves."
- "Bereavement is the sharpest challenge to our trust in God; if faith can overcome this, there is no mountain which it cannot remove."
- "Democracy is only an experiment in government, and it has the obvious disadvantage of merely counting votes instead of weighing them."
More In Government
- "President Obama’s reckless defense cuts that are hanging over our cloud, hanging over the horizon could put almost 44,000 jobs at stake right here in Pennsylvania. we are not going to let that happen. You know why? Because No. 1, national defense is the first priority of the federal government."― Paul Ryan
- "I think in the end, when you’re famous, people like to narrow you down to a few personality traits. I think I’ve just become this ambitious, say-whatever’s-on-her-mind, intimidating person. And that’s part of my personality, but it’s certainly not anywhere near the whole thing."― Madonna Ciccone
- "As I approve of a youth that has something of the old man in him, so I am no less pleased with an old man that has something of the youth. He that follows this rule may be old in body, but can never be so in mind."― Marcus Tullius Cicero