More From David Rockefeller
- "I owe much to mother. She had an expert’s understanding, but also approached art emotionally."
- "The Japanese have a wonderful sense of design and a refinement in their art. They try to produce beautiful paintings with the minimum number of strokes."
- "Much corporate giving is charitable in nature rather than philanthropic."
More In Government
- "A tiny and closed fraternity of privileged men, elected by no one, and enjoying a monopoly sanctioned and licensed by government."― Spiro T. Agnew
- "I don’t think the government is out to get me or help someone else get me but it wouldn’t surprise me if they were out to sell me something or help someone else sell me something. I mean, why else would the Census Bureau want to know my telephone number?"― Andy Rooney
- "But let us remember, at the same time, government is sacred, and not to be trifled with."― Jonathan Mayhew