More From Dean Inge
- "Democracy is only an experiment in government, and it has the obvious disadvantage of merely counting votes instead of weighing them."
- "In praising science, it does not follow that we must adopt the very poor philosophies which scientific men have constructed. In philosophy they have much more to learn than to teach."
- "Bereavement is the sharpest challenge to our trust in God; if faith can overcome this, there is no mountain which it cannot remove."
More In Wisdom
- "Wisdom sails with wind and time."― John Florio
- "There is no knowledge, no light, no wisdom that you are in possession of, but what you have received it from some source."― Brigham Young
- "Dr. Johnson has said that the chief glory of a country arises from its authors. But then that is only as they are oracles of wisdom; unless they teach virtue, they are more worthy of a halter than of the laurel."― Jane Porter