More From David Miliband
- "There is a danger for Britain as we perceive ourselves, or as we are – less wealthy, facing economic austerity – that we essentially draw back. I think there is a recoil in parts of the country, and in parts of the government actually, from the multilateral system, and I think that’s dangerous and wrong."
- "I’ve committed myself to serve my constituents in South Shields and I have committed myself to British politics."
- "In the end, human history is made up of all our decisions."
More In Government
- "The question is what will Mitt Romney do as president if his policy is simply to be hands off and let the government be made so small it can be drowned in a bathtub. In the 21st century global economy, no state alone has the ability to compete against China."― Jennifer Granholm
- "When man lives under government, he is fallen, his worth is gone, and his nature tarnished."― Adam Weishaupt
- "Abortion politics have distracted all sides from what is really essential: a major aid campaign to improve midwifery, prenatal care and emergency obstetric services in poor countries."― Nicholas D. Kristof