More From David Brin
- "There’s no doubt that scientific training helps many authors to write better science fiction. And yet, several of the very best were English majors who could not parse a differential equation to save their lives."
- "It is said that power corrupts, but actually it’s more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."
- "Predicting has a spotty record in science fiction. I’ve had some failures. On the other hand, I also predicted the fall of the Berlin Wall and the rise of fundamentalist Islam… and I’m not happy to be right in all of those cases."
More In Education
- "As a former teacher and a mother and grandmother, I know firsthand the importance of a quality education."― Sue Kelly
- "Today, education is perhaps the most important function of state and local governments."― Bobby Scott
- "I thought if anyone need a leg up, it was our foster children. So, I started getting involved in education reform, and that was back in 1998. And as a result of all the reform work that I had done, people urged me to run for the Minnesota state Senate. I did, I was there for six years."― Michele Bachmann