More From David Brin
- "Predicting has a spotty record in science fiction. I’ve had some failures. On the other hand, I also predicted the fall of the Berlin Wall and the rise of fundamentalist Islam… and I’m not happy to be right in all of those cases."
- "The worst mistake of first contact, made throughout history by individuals on both sides of every new encounter, has been the unfortunate habit of making assumptions. It often proved fatal."
- "But honestly, if you do a rigorous survey of my work, I’ll bet you’ll find that biology is a theme far more often than physical science."
More In Education
- "Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish."― Sam Walton
- "Had the United States and the United Kingdom gone on alone to capture Baghdad, under the provisions of the Geneva and Hague conventions we would have been considered occupying powers and therefore would have been responsible for all the costs of maintaining or restoring government, education and other services for the people of Iraq."― Norman Schwarzkopf
- "I think through education, belief in God, and good engineering, our children become a lot better at what they’re doing than we did, and that starts with the very first sign of life on the face of this earth."― Evel Knievel