More From David Brin
- "Predicting has a spotty record in science fiction. I’ve had some failures. On the other hand, I also predicted the fall of the Berlin Wall and the rise of fundamentalist Islam… and I’m not happy to be right in all of those cases."
- "But honestly, if you do a rigorous survey of my work, I’ll bet you’ll find that biology is a theme far more often than physical science."
- "The worst mistake of first contact, made throughout history by individuals on both sides of every new encounter, has been the unfortunate habit of making assumptions. It often proved fatal."
More In Education
- "I did try to get a few of those teen high-school movies, but they just didn’t like me. I guess I wasn’t a certain type."― Leelee Sobieski
- "We have been learning since we were children how to make money, buy things, build things. The whole education system is set up to teach us how to think, not to feel."― Yakov Smirnoff
- "The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but makes our life in harmony with all existence."― Rabindranath Tagore