More From David Brin
- "Predicting has a spotty record in science fiction. I’ve had some failures. On the other hand, I also predicted the fall of the Berlin Wall and the rise of fundamentalist Islam… and I’m not happy to be right in all of those cases."
- "The worst mistake of first contact, made throughout history by individuals on both sides of every new encounter, has been the unfortunate habit of making assumptions. It often proved fatal."
- "It is said that power corrupts, but actually it’s more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."
More In Science
- "One of my degrees was a science degree in biology."― Elizabeth Moon
- "I have a ridiculous fear of sharks but I’d jump in the water in a second for an amazing role."― Kate Mara
- "Blade Runner appears regularly, two or three times a year in various shapes and forms of science fiction. It set the pace for what is essentially urban science fiction, urban future and it’s why I’ve never re-visited that area because I feel I’ve done it."― Ridley Scott