More From David Brin
- "It is said that power corrupts, but actually it’s more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."
- "Predicting has a spotty record in science fiction. I’ve had some failures. On the other hand, I also predicted the fall of the Berlin Wall and the rise of fundamentalist Islam… and I’m not happy to be right in all of those cases."
- "The worst mistake of first contact, made throughout history by individuals on both sides of every new encounter, has been the unfortunate habit of making assumptions. It often proved fatal."
More In Science
- "And by the way, I wanted to point out that Kindred is not science fiction. You’ll note there’s no science in it. It’s a kind of grim fantasy."― Octavia Butler
- "I think what a life in science really teaches you is the vastness of our ignorance."― David Eagleman
- "The pursuit of science leads only to the insoluble."― Benjamin Disraeli