More From David Brin
- "Predicting has a spotty record in science fiction. I’ve had some failures. On the other hand, I also predicted the fall of the Berlin Wall and the rise of fundamentalist Islam… and I’m not happy to be right in all of those cases."
- "The worst mistake of first contact, made throughout history by individuals on both sides of every new encounter, has been the unfortunate habit of making assumptions. It often proved fatal."
- "But honestly, if you do a rigorous survey of my work, I’ll bet you’ll find that biology is a theme far more often than physical science."
More In Education
- "Whatever education I got was from experience and reading. But I also realize I wouldn’t pass my friend’s sixth-grade class."― Michelle Williams
- "‘Friends’ was an education in intelligent comedic banter; in intelligent vernacular. It was an education in scene study. It was an education in group dynamic. I came out of there with a master’s degree in comedy."― Matt LeBlanc
- "Any education that matters is liberal. All the saving truths, all the healing graces that distinguish a good education from a bad one or a full education from a half empty one are contained in that word."― Alan K. Simpson