More From David Brin
- "There’s no doubt that scientific training helps many authors to write better science fiction. And yet, several of the very best were English majors who could not parse a differential equation to save their lives."
- "But honestly, if you do a rigorous survey of my work, I’ll bet you’ll find that biology is a theme far more often than physical science."
- "Predicting has a spotty record in science fiction. I’ve had some failures. On the other hand, I also predicted the fall of the Berlin Wall and the rise of fundamentalist Islam… and I’m not happy to be right in all of those cases."
More In Science
- "Thence results, for science as well as for industry, the necessity of the division and association of labor. I receive and I give – such is human life. Each directs and is directed in his turn."― Mikhail Bakunin
- "I think it was this curiosity about the natural world which awoke my early interest in science."― Paul Nurse
- "Paleoanthropology is not a science that ends with the discovery of a bone. One has to have the original to work with. It is a life-long task."― Richard Leakey