More From Daisaku Ikeda
- "It is only through such real-life daily struggles and challenges that a genuine sensitivity to human rights can be inculcated. This is a truth that is not limited to school education: it applies to all of us."
- "The gratification of desire is not happiness."
- "Where there is an absence of international political leadership, civil society should step in to fill the gap, providing the energy and vision needed to move the world in a new and better direction."
More In Nature
- "I’ve always had an eye for nature, but it’s the sort of thing to keep quiet about, because I don’t want to come across as a mad hippy. But it makes sense to appreciate those things."― Jarvis Cocker
- "It is hard, I submit, to loathe bloodshed, including war, more than I do, but it is still harder to exceed my loathing of the very nature of totalitarian states in which massacre is only an administrative detail."― Vladimir Nabokov
- "Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating."― Karl Von Clausewitz