More From Daisaku Ikeda
- "We are not merely passive pawns of historical forces; nor are we victims of the past. We can shape and direct history."
- "Rather than turning away from the staggering scale and depth of misery caused by war, we must strive to develop our capacity to empathize and feel the sufferings of others."
- "Where there is an absence of international political leadership, civil society should step in to fill the gap, providing the energy and vision needed to move the world in a new and better direction."
More In Nature
- "Retaliation is related to nature and instinct, not to law. Law, by definition, cannot obey the same rules as nature."― Albert Camus
- "Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me – I am happy."― Hamlin Garland
- "With the world’s human population now at seven billion and growing, and the demand for technology and modern conveniences increasing, we can’t control all our negative impacts. But we have to find better ways to live within the limits nature and its cycles impose."― David Suzuki