More From Christopher Hitchens
- "Trust is not the same as faith. A friend is someone you trust. Putting faith in anyone is a mistake."
- "And when I was young, my family was perfectly nice. I write a lot about it, as you noticed. But it was rather limited. I think, I don’t think anyone in my family would really feel I’d done them an injustice by saying that. We didn’t see many people. There were many books. It was as if I wanted to get away from home."
- "Religion is compulsory in English schools, you know."
More In Women
- "An opera begins long before the curtain goes up and ends long after it has come down. It starts in my imagination, it becomes my life, and it stays part of my life long after I’ve left the opera house."― Maria Callas
- "Why does everyone think the future is space helmets, silver foil, and talking like computers, like a bad episode of Star Trek?"― Tracey Ullman
- "Three things have been difficult to tame: the oceans, fools and women. We may soon be able to tame the oceans; fools and women will take a little longer."― Spiro T. Agnew