More From Christopher Hitchens
- "There’s been some research in cognitive science, I’m told, that discloses that there have always been perhaps 10 to 15 percent of people who are, as Pascal puts it, so made that they cannot believe. To us, when people talk about faith, it’s white noise."
- "When I go to the clinic next and sit with a tube in my arm and watch the poison go in, I’m in an attitude of abject passivity. It doesn’t feel like fighting at all; it just feels like submitting."
- "For most of my life I let women do the driving and was happy to let them."
More In Women
- "A lot of women seem to think the way to ingratiate themselves is to put down other women or backstab. That’s the quickest way to be eliminated from my life – try that with me, and you’re out."― Gabrielle Union
- "If you love somebody, you love them. My parents had a 25-year age gap between them and my mum was the breadwinner, my dad the house husband. I’m a strong believer that a good relationship can work, whatever the situation."― Katherine Jenkins
- "Being a woman is of special interest only to aspiring male transsexuals. To actual women, it is simply a good excuse not to play football."― Fran Lebowitz