More From Arlen Specter
- "There’s nothing in the First Amendment that even remotely talks about spending money for political contests, and to say that an individual can spend as much of his or her own money as he or she wants constitutionally without any limitation, I think is just absurd."
- "Separation of power says the judiciary committee is supposed to confirm qualified judges and then what the Supreme Court does, that is their function, not my function."
- "If we had pursued what President Nixon declared in 1970 as the war on cancer, we would have cured many strains. I think Jack Kemp would be alive today. And that research has saved or prolonged many lives, including mine."
More In Politics
- "I should prefer to have a politician who regularly went to a massage parlour than one who promised a laptop computer for every teacher."― A. N. Wilson
- "I never played much golf as a kid. I caddied quite a bit but never got serious into golf until about age 15."― Lee Trevino
- "I’m not a politician and don’t want any part of politics."― Calvin Klein