More From Dick Gregory
- "I buy about $1,500 worth of papers every month. Not that I trust them. I’m looking for the crack in the fabric."
- "You hear entertainers all the time, saying, ‘If I couldn’t get paid for this, I’d do it for free.’ When’s the last time you ever heard a business person say, ‘If I couldn’t get paid for being chairman of British Petroleum, I’d do it for free’?"
- "When I first broke through, there was only NBC, CBS and ABC, and they had news in the morning and in the evening – there wasn’t no 24-hour news."
More In Politics
- "The advice I’ve been giving to people all my life – that you may not be interested in the dialectic but the dialectic is interested in you; you can’t give up politics, it won’t give you up – was the advice I should have been taking myself."― Christopher Hitchens
- "That’s my curse, I see the politics within these things and so I don’t say yes to them."― Alex Cox
- "Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."― Henry A. Kissinger