More From Andy Rooney
- "Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don’t need to be done."
- "Making duplicate copies and computer printouts of things no one wanted even one of in the first place is giving America a new sense of purpose."
- "If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it."
More In Government
- "Few things tend more to alienate friendship than a want of punctuality in our engagements. I have known the breach of a promise to dine or sup to break up more than one intimacy."― William Hazlitt
- "It was my father who instilled the ‘never say no’ attitude I carry around with me today, and who instilled in me a sense of wonder, always taking us on adventures in the car, never telling us the destination."― Marlee Matlin
- "Before the trip began we mapped out three primary goals: 1) to see and meet with our American troops, and thank them for their bravery and sacrifice; 2) to assess the security situation in Iraq; and 3) to give our support to Iraq’s national unity government."― John Boehner