More From Alexander Payne
- "I don’t feel despair because I am able to make the films I want to make, and that gives me hope."
- "I mean, look, I love movies, not just the ones I make… In fact, I don’t like the movies I make very much."
- "I get asked, ‘How can you have such failures in your films?’ Well, what else is life about? There’s some sense of constant failure in something. Humor gives you a distance from it."
More In Age
- "Shall I tell you what the real evil is? To cringe to the things that are called evils, to surrender to them our freedom, in defiance of which we ought to face any suffering."― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "Old age: I fall asleep during the funerals of my friends."― Mason Cooley
- "It is my art. I am better at it than I ever was. And I will do it as long as I can. When you reach a certain age you can slough off what is unnecessary and concentrate on what is. And why not?"― Arthur Miller