More From Alexander Payne
- "Joe E. Lewis said, ‘Money doesn’t buy happiness but it calms the nerves.’ And that is how I feel about a film being well-received."
- "I don’t feel despair because I am able to make the films I want to make, and that gives me hope."
- "When you’re a houseguest and you leave, it’s nice to straighten something up or send your hosts a useful gift. And when you leave the planet, it’s nice to have made a positive contribution."
More In Age
- "The age of chivalry is past. Bores have succeeded to dragons."― Charles Dickens
- "What I really tried to do with Helen was make her show this sad side of her. She was married off at 16, was so young and living in this castle that can’t leave because of how she looks, and married to a man she hates and three times her age."― Diane Kruger
- "I love things that age well – things that don’t date, that stand the test of time and that become living examples of the absolute best."― Giorgio Armani