More From Joseph Addison
- "Men may change their climate, but they cannot change their nature. A man that goes out a fool cannot ride or sail himself into common sense."
- "The chief ingredients in the composition of those qualities that gain esteem and praise, are good nature, truth, good sense, and good breeding."
- "Cheerfulness is the best promoter of health and is as friendly to the mind as to the body."
More In Age
- "I can feel the 60S looming. In my profession, I’ve just moved along with my age. By thinking in decades, rather than whether someone’s 42 or 47, you can give yourself a whole 10 years to turn yourself around in."― Francesca Annis
- "Where fear is, happiness is not."― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "Probably the happiest period in life most frequently is in middle age, when the eager passions of youth are cooled, and the infirmities of age not yet begun; as we see that the shadows, which are at morning and evening so large, almost entirely disappear at midday."― Eleanor Roosevelt