More From Woodrow Wilson
- "America was established not to create wealth but to realize a vision, to realize an ideal – to discover and maintain liberty among men."
- "One cool judgment is worth a thousand hasty counsels. The thing to do is to supply light and not heat."
- "Business underlies everything in our national life, including our spiritual life. Witness the fact that in the Lord’s Prayer, the first petition is for daily bread. No one can worship God or love his neighbor on an empty stomach."
More In Politics
- "Music is what I must do, business is what I need to do and politics is what I have to do."― Bob Geldof
- "Free speech is not to be regulated like diseased cattle and impure butter. The audience that hissed yesterday may applaud today, even for the same performance."― William O. Douglas
- "Conscience has no more to do with gallantry than it has with politics."― Richard Brinsley Sheridan