More From Tony Campolo
- "Flipping the dial through available radio stations there will blare out to any listener an array of broadcasts, 24/7, propagating Religious Right politics, along with what they deem to be ‘old-time gospel preaching.’ This is especially true of what comes over the airwaves in Bible Belt southern states."
- "Marriage should be viewed as an institution ordained by God and should be out of the control of the state."
- "I contend the state ought to do its thing and provide legal rights for all couples who want to be joined together for life. The church should bless unions that it sees fit to bless, and they should be called marriages."
More In Dad
- "We always had lutefisk for Christmas dinner, after which Dad read from the Norwegian Bible."― Peter Agre
- "I had bohemian parents in Seattle in the last ’60s living in a houseboat. My dad wrote science fiction novels and painted big murals and oil paintings."― Rainn Wilson
- "Becoming a dad means you have to be a role model for your son and be someone he can look up to."― Wayne Rooney